Wendorff Assessing

Contact us


What do I do if I disagree with the assessment notice that I receive?

First, you may contact the assessor by phone or meet with the assessor at Open Book, usually scheduled in May or early June or each year.  During this time, you can learn how the assessor arrived at your assessment, what factors were used in determining a value, and what types of records are kept regarding your property.  At this time, you may provide evidence to the assessor on why you feel your assessment is incorrect.  If you are still unsatisfied after discussing your assessment with the assessor, you may file an objection to appeal the assessment to the Board of Review.

The taxing jurisdictions decide what services they will supply in the upcoming year and how much money they’ll want to present those services. There isn’t an income limitation. Self-employed persons can deduct the full price of medical insurance premiums.